Sr. Education Solutions Analyst
This is an onsite position in our Houston, TX office.
About the Role:
We are eager to discover an experienced Solutions Analyst to join in our journey to drive innovation in the Education Technology space. Do you want to join an amazing group of technologist who are building really cool, high-value education applications? Do you want to enjoy a reasonable work schedule, competitive pay, and plenty of opportunity for growth? Then, we should grab a cup of coffee and chat. We are a group of agile development technologists who build complex, custom applications for some of the largest school districts and Ed Tech companies in the United States and, we have a place for YOU on our world-class team!
The Sr. Education Solution Analyst role is a liaison positon between business users and development teams. Serving as the business problem solver, project owner, trainer and documentation expert. The Sr. Education Solution Analyst efficiently extract the information needed from the business users for successful application development projects by executing and providing processes and questions. In addition, the Sr. Education Solution Analyst identifies issues and/or opportunities and defines solutions while remaining customer focused during the entire lifecycle. Sr. Education Solution Analyst will assist in assembling and coordinating the clients team members and ensures that individual responsibilities and task are being executed.
- A deep knowledge of K12 with prior experience in K12 Education Technology and School District solutions
- Provide expert knowledge and insight for defining, documenting and specification for the product
- Interview and serve as a subject matter experts, customers and other stakeholders to clarify and document customer business needs and translate those needs into clearly defined and detailed requirements and user-focused specifications
- Work collaboratively with customers to solve their business needs
- Configure proprietary software to satisfy customer requirements
- Work independently and collectively with product manager to design, configure, implement, and document technical solutions
- Facilitate user acceptance testing and testing of new system functionality
- Production and review of test plans for new developments/releases/reports
- Functional testing of new developments/releases
- Demonstration of new functionality and seek inputs on future direction of product
- Ensure quality and distribution of project deliverables, status reports, meeting minutes, etc.
- Communicate project updates and status reports internally
- Planning and overseeing the preparation and dissemination of project communications to client’s staff
- Present oral and written reports defining plans, problems, and resolutions to appropriate levels of management
- Expertise in core MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Conduct hands-on customer training as needed
- A great attitude to work with teammates with a focus to communicate, communicate, communicate
- A strive for excellence with a maintained humility for continuously learning and improving
- A strong value for quality of what you build and the satisfaction of your end user
Skills that would get you in the door even faster:
- 4+ years’ experience as a Business or Systems Analyst with demonstrated strong proficiency in requirements definition
- Project Management experience (considered a plus)
- Database or programming experience (considered a plus)
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Capacity to build strong internal and external relationships to work effectively with stakeholders
- Ability to handle multiple assignments, prioritize tasks, and meet demanding timelines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to translate technical terminology, concepts, and issues in terms understandable to both technical and non-technical resources
- Ability to conduct effective group presentations and training
- Unit Testing Experience
- We are a passionate team of educators, engineers and dreamers seeking to solve the most complex challenges in the education space.
- Our team is rooted in the principles of hard work, employee empowerment, and client satisfaction.
- We are an agile development team who believe in collaboration, speed, and quality.
- We believe that the growth and well-being of our people is essential to our success as a business.
Why join Authentica Solutions?
- We were founded in 2013 and have experienced 400% growth in the last 12 months with expectations to double our business again in 2017.
- We are independently owned and have a strong financial position to sustain our growth
- We have a growing team of over 20 employees with well over 150+ years of combined experience in education and technology solutions.
- We recently became a certified partner with Microsoft and was a finalist for a 2016 SIIA CODiE Award for Best K-20 Data Solution.
- Our beautiful company headquarters in Atlanta with several team members located around the U.S. as well as Japan and India to provide seamless collaboration in delivering success to our clients.
- Our clients love us! One of the largest school districts in the U.S. recently said, “In the 5 years we’ve attempted to complete this project, Authentica Solutions is the only group of professionals who have been able to meet commitments and exceed our expectations.”
Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, K12 Education or similar dicipline.
Authentica Solutions, LLC. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status.